Thursday 21 March 2013

Review - Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer

As soon as I saw the use of these starting to appear in YouTube tutorials I knew I had to get my hands on some. Bright and hopefully long lasting colours? Right up my street. I first got Stellar which is a very bright pink and then went into every Boots I walked past until I got my hands on the red – Big Bang. I’m debating the paler shades for smoky eye days but have yet to make the plunge.


Before I tell you what I think here are some photos of Stellar to demonstrate its lasting power. I didn’t use a lip liner or blot before I left the house. For some reason the colour looks really washed out, it's definitely brighter in real life and was still bright at 5pm.




Application - 12.30pm

Update - 5pm
After dinner - 8.30pm

 As you can see it lasted pretty well until I stuffed my face with food for dinner, and even then I think if you ate in a more ladylike manner you’d still have more on your lips at the end. Also most of the rest of my make-up had come off or settled into dry patches by then too. So for colour pay off they’re amazing. The brighter colours attract a lot of attention; some slightly creepy old men said “Hello love” when I walked past them today, but friends have also commented too. As long as you have the confidence to pull them off with a smile you’ll be fine.

There are a few downsides though. They are extremely messy to apply if you’re not used to it. I can’t count the number of times I’ve had to check I hadn’t dyed my teeth a different colour before leaving. The trick is to remember a little goes a long way and to use a lip brush or the back of the applicator to spread the colour. I did find my lips felt a little dry about an hour after application but it wasn’t bad enough for me to put balm on top. But if you had really dry lips then you may want to make sure they’re fully prepped and be prepared to add balm if you need it.

Overall, I love these and I don’t think I’ll be stopping at just the two colours.

Rimmel Apocalips retail for £5.99 and be bought here or here.

No comments :

Post a Comment