Monday 8 April 2013

I Heart Spring

Because it’s April now and it really should be spring:

  1. What is your favourite spring nail polish?
OPI’s Melon of Troy. It’s either on my fingers or toes for the whole spring/summer.



  1. Must have lip colour for spring?
I would have said Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick which is a bright pink but now I think it might be L’Oreal’s Glamshine Stain Splash in Princess.


  1. Favourite Spring Dress?
This one from ASOS, but I got it from eBay. It’s just a really nice bright spring colour and can be worn dressed up or down. Also, this skirt from Topshop makes me really happy and is possibly one of my favourite items of clothing.
Shoes from the aptly named 'Call it Spring'


  1. Favourite flower?
Bluebells, but unfortunately I believe it is illegal to pick them. There’s a bluebell wood near me that has fond memories. Daffodils are another one of my favourites.

  1. Favourite spring accessory/scarf
This one from H&M. I bought it in Canada to replace a scarf I left on the plane; it’s probably one of the items of clothing that has got me the most compliments. I wore it all through the winter and will continue to do so through summer.

  1. Favourite spring trend?
Judging by the above, corals and oranges become wardrobe staples. Skin becomes dewier and flowers and pastels are on everything. Love it.

  1. Favourite spring candle?
Bath and Body Works’ Island Margarita. It just smells so good. I’m not actual allowed to burn it in my flat but I keep it with the lid off and I still get the smell. Bath and Body Works needs to come to the UK. Pronto.
Baby candle to save on weight

  1. Favourite fragrance for spring?
Calvin Klein’s Euphoria or CK One. Both quite fresh scents and not too overpowering. I can’t really describe them better than that, need to learn how to define smells.

  1. What is spring like where you live?
In the last week it has snowed, rained and been warm enough for no coats. In a word temperamental.

  1. Favourite thing about spring?
The end of term, my birthday and the return of the boy to the UK. I’d say the weather warming up but I’m not sure that’ll happen.

  1. Are you a spring cleaner?
No, but I should. I have clothes at university and home so I have no idea how much that really is until about mid-June when everything comes together. Then I’ll clean and sort it all out.


  1. Any plans for spring break?
I’m on my Easter holidays at the moment but am returning to university this week. Actual holidays are being planned for the summer but in spring time it’s London and Edinburgh with the boy. 

Got a little photo happy here, sorry. I’d love to know what your favourite things about spring are, tell me in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment