Sunday 5 May 2013

Beauty Blogger's Tag: Get to know me



So I’m kinda sick at the moment and lack brain power so I found this tag on EmilyNoel’s blog and thought I’d give it a go. I edited it a bit but it’s still quite long, sorry!


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It’s pretty wavy with a badly behaved fringe unless I straighten/curl it or somehow blow dry right.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I dyed my hair with the L’Oreal Preference Ombre to ombre it (obviously). I think it makes my hair look less flat and more textured. 

3. Do you wear the same style every day, or do you change it?
Pretty much. Neutral eye shadows and some form of lipstick, if I remember. I switch between straightening and curling my hair. If I’m working, it’s thrown up in a ponytail. 

4. How often do you change your nail polish?
Whenever the chips get really bad so every few days. And I paint my own so it’s cheaper.

5. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Both, but I let the chips get pretty bad in the winter before changing. Polish lasts for a while on my toes too.

6. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
However long I have. Give me an hour, I’ll take an hour. Give me 5 minutes and I’ll do it in 5 minutes (actually it will probably be more like 15)

7. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Foundation, eyes, concealer, blusher etc. Means I can tidy up if I get eye shadow down my face. 

8. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it?
Ha! I collect it. Obsessively. If I only bought what I needed I wouldn’t have a shelf full of the stuff. Plus it means I can try new things and use different products if I have it all. And be able to review it for you :)

9. Do you do a full face of make-up every day?
Yeah pretty much. Sometimes I skip out eye shadow or bronzer but the basics are there.

10. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
Most of the time, it’s usually the first thing I do in the mornings. As I’ve been ill, I haven’t been wearing more than concealer and lip balm. 

11. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Only when the fire alarm goes off because someone burnt their food.

12. How many high-end products do you have?
I’ve got more recently. I have some Bobbi Brown and MAC products and the Urban Decay Naked palette. I’ve only started buying it myself recently rather than putting it on Christmas lists.

13. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I spend about 5 minutes every day in front of my wardrobe going “I have nothing to wear”.

14. How often do you change your handbag?
I switch between the Zara Office City bag and a Dorothy Perkins one depending on how much stuff I have and where I’m going. Currently it’s the Dorothy Perkins that’s got the stuff I need in as I’ve only been making quick trips into town recently. 

15. Left handed or right handed?
Right.

16. How tall are you?
5'3" 

17. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak a very small amount of French. I’ve forgotten most of what I learnt in school. I’d like to pick it up again and learn others. I think languages and understanding of others cultures is important.

18. How many pets do you have?
One. A cat called Cocoa and I love him very much. I miss him when I’m away from home.

19. How did you come up with your blog name?
A nickname from my boyfriend and family with the words ‘Beauty Blog’ after it. The 636 comes from an eBay suggestion to my user name. 

20. What’s your favourite colour?
Purple. I have purple plates, bowls and mugs.

21. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well it’s nearly 2am as I’m writing this to go up at 10am. So I’m going to sleep in a bit and then when I wake up I’ll post this everywhere and then try get better so I can go to the pub.

I tag you - post the link in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment