Thursday 30 May 2013

Review: Butter London Knees Up

Having failed to bring me back Henley Regatta from the US my wonderful boyfriend offered to buy me a Butter London polish from their line in my local Boots. After many minutes spent deliberating over colours, I went for Knees Up, a gorgeous metallic red.







The bottom photo is without a topcoat and doesn't really show the colour in its true light. It's a stunning metallic red and shiny even without a topcoat. The formula is quite easy to work with and the brush size makes for easy painting. I used the Butter London Nail Foundation (also pictured) with gives an excellent matte base for nails. I found this lasted 3 or 4 days before serious chipping occurred but did show some signs of tip wear early on. I think the wear of nail polishes is completely subjective though and depends on base and top coat too. I'm still looking for a long lasting topcoat.

I definitely want more Butter London colours though. They're 3 Free so they're good for your nails. They have amazing names and Blagger (a navy) is next on my list.

Butter London Polishes are £12.00 from Boots online and in some larger stores.

No comments :

Post a Comment