Tuesday 14 May 2013

Review: Essie Matte About You Topcoat

To start with, I’m a sucker for nail polishes with cool names. I’ve been thinking about matte topcoats for a while and whilst on a post-essay Boots splurge this happened to find its way into my basket. I paired it with Essie’s Russian Roulette which is a red I don’t see a lot of love for but I really like it. The matte effect happens immediately and I think it’s pretty cool. It gives the polish a different look but is still easy to take off unlike glitter polishes.







I’m not sure how well you can see the effect in photos but it shows up more in real life. The polish takes a while to be completely dry but I think we’ve been spoilt by the growth of quick dry polishes. It lasted around three to four days before completely chipping on me. I think the lasting power of polishes depends so much on the person, as can be seen with my Seche Vite experience. I’m definitely going to be getting a lot of use out of this topcoat and experimenting with different colours.

Essie’s Matte About You is £8.99 and can be bought here.

3 comments :

  1. I been looking at Matte top coats recently and this one looks really good. I really like all the Essie polishes i've tried. Ive just posted about St Tropez on my blog today.

    http://obbsesivecompulsiveshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really like them too. Haven't tried that colour yet though.

      Delete