Tuesday 28 May 2013

Textured Hair

I've had shoulder length hair for probably around a year now give or take a few inches last summer. Before then it was long enough for all sorts of fancy hair styles: fish tail braids; up-dos; buns that didn't fall out after 5 minutes. Since having it short I've struggled to work out how to style it. At my last haircut I had lots of layers put in so I could finally create the textured style I'd been wanting. I've stopped straightening my hair on a regular basis and often leave it heat free. I think the ombré helps and adds to the controlled messiness.






These are the products I use on my hair when I decide I want it down and looking like the above.


First up, L'Oreal Professionel Techiart Extra Strong Fixing Spray. I spray this into my roots to add lift and volume. I find that it lasts all day but can leave hair feeling a little dry and crispy if I use too much and spray too close. It hold curls as well. However when it brushes out it leaves your hair feeling softer than you would expect a hairspray to leave you hair.


I use the V05 texturising gum mainly through the ends but put the tiniest amount in my roots. It's difficult to describe what I do with the ends but I sort of rub some strands together to give it a piece-y look. I hadn't actually done that in the above pictures. I tend to only do this on days when I know I'm going to be washing my hair that evening or the next morning because it can make my hair a little greasy and heavy feeling.

And lastly, but actually the first to be applied, the obligatory dry shampoo shot. I use Batiste because I always have, switching between scents and shades depending on what's on offer. I spray it on, brush most of it out and my hair looks fuller and a bit more clean if it's looking a little greasy and I'm feeling lazy.

L'Oreal TechiArt Fixing Spray is £8.35 from Feel Unique. The others can be bought from Boots, Superdrug and some supermarkets.



No comments :

Post a Comment