Monday 29 July 2013

Guest Post: Review: No7 Stay Perfect Mascara

Today my Mum is back guest posting on a mascara find she thought she’d never have:

"I have been wearing make-up for about 35 years, and contact lenses for about the same length of time (does anyone else remember ‘hard’ lenses? – ouch!). For most of those years I have been looking for a mascara that didn’t smudge when my eyes watered and didn’t have fibres that dropped into my eyes and aggravated the lenses. During the last five years or so I have given up even bothering to look. Nothing ever lived up to its name as being ‘waterproof’, ‘smudge-proof’ ‘fibre-free’ etc., not ever, it was just another £X down the drain.


Then a couple of months ago I was in Boots away from home with Ellie and the ad for No7 Stay Perfect mascara caught my eye. It was the usual glossy photo of a golden product, but stuck up next to it were a couple of rave reviews typed out on a piece of A4 paper. I hesitated, but Ellie insisted that I ask the woman on the No7 counter to try it on me. She reasoned that then I could wear it for a day and if it worked, buy some in our local store. Well, OK then. I continued sceptical when the sales assistant said it would come off with warm water. Yeah, right. As well as eyes that make eye shadows and mascara just slide off, I am pretty sensitive to make-up remover chemicals, so I have already taken to using water to remove my normal mascara-less eye make-up.



But ... by the end of the day there were my lashes, still black, and still no smudging. And yet when I dampened them with a wet cotton pad, off it came. Weird.
Eyes! As you can see it's not given my Mum's lashes too much length or volume, so that might be something to consider.

So at next opportunity I bought some and wore it. In fact, because I don’t wear eye make-up everyday and I keep my night time routine to a minimum, I forgot to take it off when I went to bed. In the morning, I went for my pre-breakfast run and when I finally got into the bathroom for my shower – there was the mascara still on the lashes and still not under my eyes. Unheard of. Even in the recent hot and sweaty weather it has performed, and it really does come away with a damp cotton pad, slipping off in little tubes that look like iron filings.
I feel like I’ve just found the Holy Grail."

After reading her review and seeing the results, I really want to get some for myself.
No7 Stay Perfect Mascara is available from Boots for £12.95

No comments :

Post a Comment