Monday 22 July 2013

Review: CND Vinylux

When I first heard about Vinylux, I’ll admit I was pretty excited. A polish that lasted a whole week? I’ve never tried the Shellac manicure but I was still keen to try out the new offering. Now, I possibly should have realised after my Seche-Vite experience that polishes don’t always live up to the hype. However, I was caught up in the wave. The idea is not to use a base coat but the Weekly Polish and then the Weekly Top Coat. Using naturally occurring UV light the polish dried quickly and is supposed to last a week, rivalling gel formulas.


I bought the four colours, one topcoat ‘Summer Bright’s’ collection from Amazon for £22.00 (I can’t seem to find it in stock anymore but this was it). The polishes are a really nice size, good for travelling. I always feel that mini polishes are better because you’re more likely to use them up. The four colours are lovely, perfect for summer. The formula is…meh. I found them to be kinda streaky and needed 3 coats to become opaque. However, it does dry fast.
Lobster Roll, Grape Gum, Pink Bikini, Water Park, Top Coat
The photos below are from my holiday to Shetland but I’ve also tested these in a non-holiday environment and had the same effect. They chipped the day after painting. Not what I was expecting at all. They certainly do not last a week on my fingers. After taking the two day 7 photos (one of each hand), I gave up and chipped it off. They fared better on my toes but still chipped off before the two week mark. You’re recommended to use a product called Scrub Fresh, which I didn’t but I don’t believe it would make a difference. 

I’m really disappointed in this product. I don’t find it to live up to the hype at all and I’d be wary about recommending it to anyone, although polish lasting times do vary between people. Sorry CND, but it just doesn’t last a week.

No comments :

Post a Comment