Thursday 15 August 2013

Back to School Make-Up



I know the new term in England doesn’t start for another few weeks but blogs, YouTube, W H Smiths and Marks and Spencer seem to have started their campaigns so I thought I would add my two cents into the mix. I’ve been allowed to wear make-up at school since the age of 14 but even then, it had to be natural, although somehow I got away with blue eyeliner ringed around my eyes, not my finest look.  At university there are no rules but it needs to be quick as sleep is precious. All the products I’ve chosen are from Boots as when you’re a student you’re on a limited budget and the whole look took me 15 minutes to complete.




I started off with Collection’s Lasting Perfection Concealer over any spots and Rimmel’s Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes. I then used Rimmel’s Stay Matte Foundation and rubbed it in with my hands; I then put more concealer over any bits that showed through. If you can get away with it or like a lighter coverage then you could just use a BB Cream or just concealer where needed. 

I primed my eyes with Maybelline’s 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze and set that with a combination of colours from a Maybelline quad that I bought in Canada and I can’t find on the Boots site. The Rimmel GlamEyes Quads in Smokey Brown or Sun Safari might be similar but it’s hard to tell online. Essentially, I put the lighter colour all over my lid and up under my brow, the matte brown went in my crease and the bronze all over my lid. I haphazardly blended it in with my fingers and the flat brush I put it on with (this one from Urban Decay in case you’re wondering but any will do) as I didn’t want it to look neat but if you had more time you could use a brush to get it neater. I finished it off with Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl liner in Bronze top and bottom and Seventeen’s Doll’d Up mascara in Brown Black. 

To complete the look I used Revlon’s Photoready blush in Pinched and their Nearly Naked Powder in Light. The powder’s growing on me but I still prefer my MAC one. On my lips, I used Soap and Glory’s “Super-ColourFabulipstick™ Collagen Boosting lipstick” in Naked Beige. You could use anything you wanted here but I chose this for a natural look. A bright lip would equally as well and would probably be what I’d plump for. You could also wear a sheer pink gloss, but I don’t seem to own any!

This is definitely a look I plan on using again and again over the year when I have a 9am lecture and I’m running late, which is every single time….

No comments :

Post a Comment