Thursday 29 August 2013

If All My Make-up Disappeared...

I really enjoyed EssieButton's latest video which was titled "If All My Make-up Disappeared", the concept being that someone has stolen all your make-up and you can only repurchase 10 products, which 10 would you buy. As I am a bit run off my feet at the moment due to moving back to university over the weekend I though it would be nice to do my own version as a blog post. That way I don't have to go about taking photos and finding everything. So here we go:


1. Face Primer
MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer (£23) in the shade 'Adjust'. I use this primer daily and it makes a big difference in how long my make-up lasts. The Skin Enhancers all have a slight tint to get rid of redness. Review
2. Foundation
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (£30) in the shade 'Warm Ivory'. While I do like some foundations from Boots, Rimmel Stay Matte for example, Bobbi Brown really bring it terms of good quality foundations that really match my skin tone. Review
3. Concealor
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor (£4.19) in the shade 'Fair'. I will probably always have one or two of these on hand. While they can be a little dry under the eyes if you apply too much, they cover everything and stay on.
4. Powder
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (£20). I will be singing the praises of this powder for the rest of my life. I hope it never goes away. It sets my make-up well and keeps oil at bay but it also looks really natural. Review
5. Bronzer
Bourjois Bronzing Primer (£9.99). This is a recent addition to my collection, but it's here to stay. I've not picked up a powder bronzer since. It's not too orange on my skin tone and contours too. Review coming soon.
6. Blusher 
Benefit Georgia would be my pick, but they've discontinued it (why?!) so Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge (£19) in the shade 'Fresh Melon'. I like peachy cheeks and both of these do it well. Just the right hint of a flush. Review
7. Cream Shadow
Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo (£4.99) in the shade 'On and On Bronze'. Here Estée and I agree. I love these, while you can't quite get 24 hours, they really do improve the lasting power of shadows and are so easy to apply.
8. Powder Shadow 
Urban Decay Naked Palette (£37). I love this. You could take all of my other shadows away and I'd probably be OK. I use this everyday. You can get so many different looks out of the shades. Review
9. Mascara
Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (£7.99). Another product we agree on, although I'm not sure it's my holy grail mascara, I certainly enjoy using it. I think it gets better with age as it dries out.
10. Lips
L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash (£7.99) in the shade 'Princess'. This is possibly my favourite lip colour, grand statement. But it can be worn night and day and lasts a long time. It's a peachy-coraly colour so goes well with the peach cheeks. Review
So there you go. All the products I'd re-buy if someone stole my make-up stash. And it adds up to total of £164.15. It seems expensive when you look at it like that but I didn't buy it all at once to begin with and some were Christmas and Birthday gifts. But I'd really rather you didn't steal it. Thanks.

No comments :

Post a Comment