Monday 5 August 2013

Review: Vichy Idélia BB Cream



I’ve been enjoying using BB creams in the hot weather, which seems to have gone, as opposed to heavy foundations. I just find them to be lighter and more buildable. I bought the Vichy Idéalia version because The Sunday Girl gave it a rave review, and I was feeling frivolous in the Escentual sale.



Like most BB creams this promises many skin care attributes. I can’t say I’ve noticed my skin texture being refined but it does illuminate my face and it certainly doesn’t dry out my skin. I have the shade Light which is a pretty good match; I’m around a MAC NW 15 I think. Unfortunately, there only seems to be two shades. The BB Cream has a SPF of 25 and also has UVA and UVB protection; although I’m not convinced you’d use enough to get the full benefit. 




I really enjoy using this BB Cream though. It has a scent to it, which may put some off but that fades within minutes of application. I tend to use concealer both over and under to get rid of bad areas of redness and break-outs but it does even my skin tone out. It also layers up well and doesn’t go cakey. The most impressive this is the lasting power, with a primer this will easily go the whole day with minimal shine. Without one, it’s still pretty impressive but I did find it had slipped off a little by the end of the day, but I might have accidentally rubbed it off as well. 
I have a photo of me wearing the stuff for once! Taken on my phone during wisdom tooth ache. Ignore the cold compress and sad look.

Overall, this is really impressive BB Cream and I’ll probably repurchase it when this bottle runs out. It’s a little pricey, but I think it’s worth it. 

The Vichy Idéalia BB Cream is available from Escentual for £17.00

1 comment :