Thursday 26 September 2013

Review: Seventeen Stay Time Long Wear Primer

After getting my hands on MAC's Fortified Skin Enhancer back in April (review - here) I've been a little obsessed with primers, I use it every single day and it's still going strong, although its probably going to run out soon. With that in mind, I had a look at Seventeen's latest offerings, in amongst them are a range of new primers. I went for the Long Wear version with the aim of keeping my make-up on through a day of lectures.




There are no ingredients on the back of the tube or on the Boot's website which strikes me as being a little odd as you can't look to see if you're allergic to any of the ingredients. This means I'm not sure whether it has silicone in.When I first used this I found it to rub off in little balls of product, which was strange. I didn't really like it at first, it kept my foundation on put pared with a mattifying primer I found that it made my skin look a little dry, it did keep the foundation on though.

When I came back from Edinburgh and was reunited with my BB creams, I gave it another go. This time I applied it with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush, this stopped the problem of it balling up. It also still showed some good make-up sticking on skills, on par with MAC. It's also great for occasions where you're going to have your photo taken as it contains no SPF so won't flash back.

Overall, I think this is good product, it just took a little while to get to used to the application of it. It does keep my make-up on for a good while, around 8 hours. That in my books is pretty good. I'd like to try their Photo Flawless primer as well at some point, maybe when this one runs out.

Seventeen Stay Time Long Wear Primer is £5.49 from Boots.

No comments :

Post a Comment