Wednesday 8 January 2014

Christmas Beauty Goodies

*Disclaimer* This is not me showing off or boasting, I was a very lucky girl and am delighted with all my presents. I thought this would be of relevance and interest to beauty blog readers.

Christmas has sadly been and gone but the beauty of beauty gifts is that you get to feel Christmassy whenever you use them. 2012 bought the Naked palette into my life and such is the power of Urban Decay I haven't hit pan on any of the shades even after a year of use.



This year, Bobbi Brown ruled supreme. I am a huge fan of Bobbi's and everything she stands for. The products are always amazing quality and the Old Hollywood Collection is no exception. It was released for Christmas but is still available online (at the time of writing) and possibly at some counters.

I was lucky enough to receive three items of the collection. The Old Hollywood Eye Palette, Old Hollywood lipstick and a lipgloss in Candlelight. Cue a million photos.







This is literally the lipstick dreams are made of. The perfect shade of red and applies perfectly. I want to wear it everyday. The packing itself is limited edition but the colour is the normal lip colour Red. Luckily. This is fast going to become a signature lip colour for me. 






When I was looking through the collection I didn't really look at the glosses. That turned out to be a mistake. Candlelight is perfect for wearing with a matte smokey eye. The gloss itself is quite shimmery, so I think a glittery eye look might be overboard. The colours is neutral but could be worn over other colours. I'd advise a lip brush to avoid tainting the gloss. 






My reaction to opening this palette was pretty much this. Totally unexpected. The colours go really well together, and blend perfectly. Whilst they look like they could be a bit scary, they're not so pigmented they cause a load of fallout and make you look like you've been punched in the face. It's just gorgeous.


I also got this Seventeen eyeliner kit from my boyfriend's mother. Liquid eyeliner scares me but the high drama in this kit has brought me crawling back to it. The brush is the perfect size for a winged linger look that lasts all day.

And so ends the mammoth post. If you got to the end, give yourself a slice of cake. You deserve it.

2 comments :

  1. You got some lovely bits! Very jealous of the Bobbi Brown palette! Just started following you :) Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete