Thursday 5 June 2014

Lush hauling and a beauty ban?

A post of two halves today. I'm going to begin by showing you my latest picks from Lush and then introduce a project I'm going to be doing for June/the foreseeable future.

I went to Lush to pick up a gift (not shown, obviously) and get a sample of Grease Lightning. While I was there I picked up some other things I'd had my eye on.



Here's a little snapshot of everything I got. I'm still searching for the perfect product to calm everything down skin wise. Tea tree water is great for all sorts of skin care issues, even if it does remind me of products I used when I was 12! I've been using the toner by spritzing it on a cotton pad and then wiping that over my face after cleansing. It feels really refreshing but it's too soon to tell if it's making a difference.  


Also in my basket was the Toothy Tabs in Sparkle. I've been curious about these for a while but never picked them up. For various reasons I can't always have mint toothpaste, but fennel gets a bit boring after awhile. Toothy Tabs are an expensive way of brushing your teeth but they'll be great for travel, particularly hand luggage only flights. I've tried these once so far, and when Lush say "black pepper" they mean black pepper. I might try breaking these in half to see if they're less intense that way.

Finally, the reason I went in and an at-the-till-impulse. Grease Lightning gets a lot of love, but I didn't want to splash the cash and find it didn't work. Especially as one of it's ingredients in Lavender Oil and the last thing I tried with lavender was a terrible mistake. It's actually a really generous sample so I'll be able to get a good idea of if I like it or not. And then I got a miniature charity pot, because they asked if I wanted to donate a £1 to charity and I felt like I couldn't say no. I haven't actually tried this yet but it looks thick and creamy and great for travel.  

After all of this and inspired by Jaq from Lazy Day's Beauty post I have decided to belatedly join her on her beauty spending ban for the month of June. Like her, I am allowing myself one purchase as a 'Get of Jail Free' card. Probably a waterproof mascara for graduation. The reason I am doing this is that I am going to France for two weeks in July and I need to buy as much Serozinc as I can carry, and for that I need money. So, no more impulse Boots buys here. And I am just going to have to restrain myself in Primark when shopping for summer clothes. I might even write a list.....

What are your current Lush picks? Any tips for surviving a beauty spending ban?

No comments :

Post a Comment