Monday 8 September 2014

In the Navy

When I was around 15/16 and we could finally wear make-up at school (although, I'd been doing it for years by then) I used to ring navy blue eyeliner around my eyes. I used a colour from a Front Cover kit and their shadow line which turned any eye shadow into a liner. And actually worked quite well.

I'm usually seen with a more neutral lid going on, but occasionally I like to wear a pop of colour. But this time the brand of choice is Sleek.


I used 'Romance in Rome' from the Vintage Romance palette, layered on top of Maybelline's 'Permanent Taupe' 24-hour colour tattto and Eye Care's waterproof eye shadow pencil in 'Ultramarine'. I also took this on the bottom lashes as well.

This creates a striking navy blue that lasts all day. I'm always tempted by the colour tattoo in 'Turquoise Forever', but I'm not sure how much used I'd get out of it. And this is working well for me.

For the rest of my face, I kept things neutral to allow my eyes to be the main focus. Instead of blusher I used bareMinerals' 'Warmth' all over my cheeks and for lips Soap and Glory's 'Naked Beige'.

What's your favourite way of wearing colour?

No comments :

Post a Comment