Wednesday 10 September 2014

Make Up Collection and Storage

An interior design post appearing on a Wednesday? No, this isn't a scheduling error, this post links to tomorrow's video so keep an eye on my YouTube channel for that.



I don't have the largest of collections compared to some collections and storage videos and posts out there. But what I do have is a very little flat and needing to share space with my boyfriend. I felt I couldn't take up the whole of the top of the chest of drawers, but also I couldn't get a huge piece of furniture to store everything in.

What I ended up doing was scouring charity shops and the internet for deals and eventually I found this on Gumtree. It's the IKEA Leksvik bedside table, and they don't make it any more but it's perfect for what I need it for.

I painted it in Wilko's 'Minted' to brighten it up and make it a little different. (More on furniture painting on Friday.) It is seemingly impossible to show you the colour as the light washes it out. I've placed it next to the window and put a stool next to it so I don't have to sit on the bed.



I prefer to keep things where I can see them so I don't forget about things, but I do keep all my nail polishes in the drawer. Although this does need sorting out a bit. One day I'll have enough acrylic storage for everything. 

So that's a little sneak peek of how I store everything and what I have. Check again tomorrow to see the full tour.


No comments :

Post a Comment