Tuesday 2 September 2014

Review: Eyeko Skinny Liners

I had high hopes for the Eyeko Skinny Liners, they get a lot of love from people and are heavily backed by Alexa Chung. Personally, I'm a big fan of felt tip liners, I know some people aren't but I find them really easy to use and work with.


A couple of months ago Glamour magazine were giving away a free Eyeko Skinny Liner with each copy, I got two copies to try both colours. And to be perfectly honest, I wasn't all that impressed.

First of all I found them to be really dry, especially the black, and drag on my eye lid. Not great. I love the brush, it's great for doing neat lines. But I didn't find either colour to be that intense, not without going over it multiple times. The lasting power was OK, but not mind-blowing. I find the black to take a long time to try and transfer on to the upper part of the lid if you do a thick line.




So I was disappointed but I kept them and stored them horizontal as normal and left them alone. Then I came to taking these photos and the colour was vibrant and they weren't dry. It looked like a miracle had happened.

I lined my eyes and before I'd even completely finished one eye I could feel them beginning to dry out and drag again. Only a short lived miracle then. I find it easier to do thicker lines with the black than the navy, but I'm not sure why that is.




While they do now work better after a long time stored correctly, it's not really what I expected for an eyeliner that retails at £12. I think you can find better in Boots, Soap and Glory's Supercat is a notable example, equally Seventeen's Make Your Mark.

All that being said, I wouldn't buy an Eyeko Skinny Liner again. I'd like to try out their mascaras and I'd try one again in a similar magazine deal, but not a full price.


What are your favourite liners?

No comments :

Post a Comment