Tuesday 16 September 2014

Review: The Shampoo Edit


Today I am reviewing not one, but two shampoos. As a bit of background my hair is extremely thick but does lack volume at the crown, it's bleached at the ends and gets greasy very quickly, with added sensitive scalp. I also hate washing it, so anything that keeps it clean for longer is good.


The two shampoos (and technically one conditioner) up for consideration are: Dove Oxygen Moisture and L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Caring shampoo* and conditioner*. I should probably mention that I am very picky when it comes to shampoo and rarely buy the same one twice.



First of all, Dove. This claims to add volume and boost to your hair. Which it did a little bit, but nothing life changing. It cleaned my hair well and didn't irritate my scalp too much, although it was a bit itchy. My hair stayed clean for two to three days which is good. Would I buy this again? Probably not, it's nothing special and I've used better shampoos.



But, the L'Oreal Colour Protect is not one of them. I don't know if it's the shampoo, or the conditioner or both together but I'm not a fan. I feel like this is difficult to wash out of my hair and I'm left with a slightly sticky feeling. My hair also got greasy again really quickly. I didn't notice any particular extra shine to my hair, but I did like the fact they both contain UVA and UVB protection. This are really recent additions to my hair care line up so I shall keep testing them and update you later if I manage to make them work for me.

Hopefully that's given you some ideas for when you're standing in the aisles of Boots feeling confused. Shampoos I've tried and loved actually mostly come from Lush, I Love Juicy and Seanik in particular. I which someone would make a shampoo for greasy, thick hair that moults a lot.

Dove Advanced Hair Series Oxygen Moisture Shampoo is £5.99 from Boots.
L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Caring Shampoo* and Conditioner* are £3.99 each from Boots.

What are your favourite shampoos?

L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner received through the Boots Review Panel scheme which is free for anyone to join. I'd recommend it to everyone. Links are not affiliate.

No comments :

Post a Comment