Tuesday 18 November 2014

The 'One Week In' Review: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

I've called this the 'One Week In' review because that's how long I've owned the product. I thought this could be a good little mini-series where I give you my not-quite-first impressions of a new thing. First up, a new foundation.


I love my Nars Sheer Glow, but I'd come to the end and decided I would try one of the other big Space NK brands before an eventual repurchase. I like my foundations not to have an SPF in, then I can add it in with moisturiser or sun-cream or not have it at all in cases of flash photography.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme was something of a cult product in the blogging world, but the hype seems to have died down. I got the shade Soft Ivory which is the palest shade available. It's a little too pale, but I'd rather that then too dark which I think would be a problem if I went a shade up.

The coverage is excellent. You really do only need a little to cover dark circles and blemishes. I do still use a concealer, but if you had better skin than me you could easily get away with just this. The squeezy bottle packaging is better for travel than the square glass Nars bottle. I do find it clings a little to dryer patches, but the lasting power is good, better with a primer (like all foundations). I really want to try a Laura Mercier primer as well. The finish is very natural, not really matte but not too glowy. A sponge or fingers are the best way to apply this, the Real Techniques expert face brush just smeared it around and I found I had to use more to get good coverage.

You can see it on in my newest video

Overall, first impressions of this are good. I'm not sure it's better than Nars Sheer Glow. I can actually see myself justifying having both. Keeping this for everyday, and Sheer Glow for events.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is £34.00 from Space NK.

What's your current favourite foundation?

No comments :

Post a Comment