Wednesday 7 January 2015

So it's 2015, what now?

Time's a funny thing. You think you have all the time in the world to achieve your goals and suddenly another year has gone past without realising. It's important to look back and reflect on times gone past. Last year I wrote a 10,000 word dissertation and didn't send a rude email to my lecturer when I didn't get the mark I wanted (it's the little things). I also graduated surrounded by great friends and family with a grade I was so proud of. I flew by myself and began the long journey of healing and recovery from mental illness. I moved in with my boyfriend and spent two weeks working at the local paper. Opportunities and experiences I couldn't have guessed at this time last year. Particularly, as my Mum reminded me the other day, I hadn't started my dissertation this time last year.

2015 will be a continuation of many of those things. Especially the recovery one. Beating a problem that has consumed your life since you were 15 takes time. I'm also training to be a journalist and that will continue this year too with exams somewhere on the horizon.

I want to be so much more organised this year and have invested into two planners to achieve this. Every day possible will be productive, and I'm even going to try and cut down on the number of naps I have (ha!).

I've spoken about one of my beauty plans here but as well as that I'm going to be taking better care of my skin, and using face masks regularly. (Sense of deja-vu here). More fresh air and water should also help here.

Even the weather's rubbish sometimes!
I also have plans of spending less and saving more (double ha!) with the aim of improving my technology and getting a mortgage in the next 40 years. I'm going to have some no buy months to help that. This does mean that things might take a deviation away from beauty while I have no money to buy new products but I'll be updating with content weekly and hopefully daily by the end of the year.

What are your plans for 2015?

No comments :

Post a Comment