Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Dorothy Perkins Jeans

For someone who lives in jeans, it seemed strange to me that I only had two pairs that I would actually wear on a regular basis. So I went on the hunt for a third pair.

I love Topshop Joni jeans, that what my other two pairs are and I would definitely get a third pair of them, but currently I don't have the budget for £36 on jeans.


I opted for Dorothy Perkins and spent slightly too long looking at all the different styles online. After a lot of deliberation I went for the Petite Harper Jeans.



I'll start with the negatives. There is not enough choice on the Dorothy Perkins Petite jean section. I know that all their jeans come in three different leg lengths. For the Harper style petite and short are the same length but for the Eden style the short length is 3cms longer than petite. It's confusing to say the least.
Uncuffed and cuffed
Complaint number two, the Harper style is advertised as 'roll up' and shown online cuffed at the ankle. I thought that these cuffs would be a permanent feature. They're not, at least not on any of the Harpers I saw. They all were hemmed like normal jeans and looked like all the other jeans around them. You could buy the Bailey jeans for £4 cheaper and cuff the bottom to get the same look. I was shocked when I realised this.  The only reason I didn't so this was because there wasn't any Bailey's in my size and there was an offer on denim at the time so they were a bit cheaper.

Size wise, I sized down and got a 6 and I'm glad I did. They were tight to get into the first time but now they've stretched out they fit fine. I'm hoping when they're washed they'll shrink back a bit. They're really comfy and have worn well so far. I wouldn't normally wear them with the top tucked in, but it was the best way to show them off. They're low rise, but not so low you'll be showing your pants to the world.

I don't think I'd get another pair unless discounted because of the roll ups not being a permanent fixture. But I would recommend you check them out next time there's a denim sale at Dorothy Perkins.

No comments :

Post a Comment